Qualifying Expedition: Wednesday 27 to Sunday 31 October 2021: The Dark Peak District
Price: £240.00 (£200.00 + VAT)
The price includes:
- All training, supervision and assessment costs
- Team equipment
- Venue hire and campsite fees
- Any transportation required whilst on an expedition
The price does not include:
- Personal equipment
- Expedition food
- Transport to the start and from the finish of each expedition
Full information packs are provided prior to each expedition.
Important Expedition Information
Duke of Edinburgh’s Award expeditions involve journeying, in teams, unaccompanied by staff. Staff will meet teams through the day, but if the team goes off route there may be periods of many hours when the team has no staff contact and when the staff do not know the team’s exact location. Participants are trained how to manage these journeys, including going off route, safely. Each team has an emergency phone but may not always have a signal, so they are trained how to respond in this case. Participants are not allowed to use this phone for non-expedition purposes.
DofE Direct Gold Qualifying Expedition 2021
Provisional expedition start and finish locations and timings are as follows:
- Bamford Railway Station: 10:00 start, 18:00 finish
Please do not book any trains until you have received confirmation from us of the start and finish locations and timings, and that the expedition has received enough participants to be able to run.
Cancellations confirmed in writing by no later than 8 weeks prior to the first day of the expedition programme will be charged at 25% of the total price, and the remaining 75% will be refunded. Cancellations notified less than 8 weeks before the start date of the expedition programme will be charged for in full.